Why Grassfed Beef is Better …
Grassfed beef is better for the animals, the environment and you.
Pasture Based Farming
Our grassfed animals live low-stress lives. They are not confined to a feedlot, they graze on grasses native to their diet. Each field has an ample clean water supply.
Our rotational grazing allows the farm to heal. The cattle provide natural fertilizer. Fields are not over grazed and are given time to recover before the cattle are returned for grazing. By not over grazing, the fields are able to capture more rain run off to help keep water for grass to grow.
Research has found that grassfed beef is higher is omega-3’s and conjugated linoleic acid (CLA) than it’s grainfed counterpart. Grassfed beef is 400% higher in vitamins A and E. Omega 3’s and CLA’s are essential to brain health.
To find out more about the research studies around grassfed beef, visit Eat Wild
Highlights from their findings, grassfed beef is:
- Lower in total fat
- Higher in beta-carotene
- Higher in vitamin E (alpha-tocopherol)
- Higher in the B-vitamins thiamin and riboflavin
- Higher in the minerals calcium, magnesium, and potassium
- Higher in total omega-3s
- A healthier ratio of omega-6 to omega-3 fatty acids (1.65 vs 4.84)
- Higher in CLA (cis-9 trans-11), a potential cancer fighter
- Higher in vaccenic acid (which can be transformed into CLA)
- Lower in the saturated fats linked with heart disease